HOW TO GET INvolved
When we have openings we usually post them here and on the Boston Co-op Network. We also welcome general inquiries, and will keep in touch with people about future openings.
What makes an ideal housemate? We find we work best with people who have experience living with others, and are skilled in group dynamics —— articulate, good negotiators, good at drawing others out —— as well as being good communicators in general.
We find common goals draw us together despite differences in age, gender, or orientation.
For enquirers, our process begins with email correspondence, using the contact link below. However, for any posted opening, we ask that you fill out a house Application first; this provides essential information before we can follow up with phone interviews and potential visits.
We're always happy to hear from others interested in intentional community.
Please feel free to inquire!
Traits We Look for in Community
•uber-responsible, keeping commitments
• fabulous responsive communicator
• has time and skills to invest in community
• prefers to come home for dinner
• likes to host events and invite people over
• planning to stay long term (minimum 18 months)
• prefers bikes to cars, fresh food to frozen, quiet to noise, etc.
Things That Pose Challenges
• out many evenings
• often away weekends/frequent travel for work
• strict food regimen
• concerned about privacy (e.g. prefers doors closed) or about sharing cars, tools, kitchen items.
• may move within a year or two
• recurring health conditions that limit ability or availability
Skills we can always use more of
Playing of instruments Electrical
Bike repair Sewing
Web design Gardening
Contra-dancing Tennis Carpentry Brute force